When I add sqlserver04.jar into my maven project, it's a little bit different others. For other jars, I directly add dependency into pom.xml. For sqlserver.jar, the dependency works on others' projects, but not mine. It always give me an error about missing artifact. Here is my solution:
1) download latest jar Microsoft download center. I download *.exe file.
2) Run the exe file and unzip it.
3) Open a command prompt and switch into the directory whre the jar file is located
4) Execute the comand
mvn install:install-file -Dfile=sqljdbc4.jar -Dpackaging=jar -DgroupId=com.microsoft.sqlserver -DartifactId=sqljdbc4 -Dversion=4.0
5) When you see Build Success, You can find the jar in your maven repository. Mine is located here:
6) Now you're ready to add the dependency to pom.xml
< dependency> < groupId>com.microsoft.sqlserver</groupId> < artifactId>sqljdbc4</artifactId> < version>4.0</version> </ dependency>